In order to apply for an AAAA Scholarship you must meet one of the following criteria:
- You must be a current member of the Army Aviation Association of America, or
- the spouse of a current AAAA member or deceased member, or
- the son or daughter of a current member or deceased member, or
- the grandchild of a current member or deceased member, or
- the unmarried sibling of a current member or deceased member.
In all the above instances, the member's effective date must be on or before May 1 of the previous year in which the applicant is seeking aid, unless the member is deceased. This requirement is waived for uniformed members of the Active Army, ARNG and USAR. The applicant must be attending an accredited college or university or selected for fall entry as an undergraduate or graduate. No recipient can hold concurrent AAAA Scholarships.