D-Day 70th Anniversary Planning
According to the U.S. Embassy in Paris, the Government of France is offering to provide D-Day veterans and a guest with roundtrip transportation from Paris to Normandy, and lodging, meals and transportation while in Normandy for the 70th anniversary of Operation Overlord this June 6. Travel to/from Paris is an individual responsibility. Paris-based VFW Benjamin Franklin Post 605 is assisting by collecting the names of VFW and other D-Day veterans planning to attend. Please e-mail the following information as soon as possible to Chuck Steiner at VFW Post 605 at email@example.com.
- Full name, age and home address of veteran (include home/cell phone and e-mail, too).
- Indicate if a D-Day veteran, Normandy campaign, or WWII veteran.
- Escort or guest’s name (if more than one, so indicate).
- Special needs (e.g., wheelchair).
- Dates of planned attendance (arrival to and departure from France).
If unable to send by e-mail, address regular mail to: Chuck Steiner, VFW Benjamin Franklin Post 605, 4 rue du General Leclere, 92130, Issy-les-Moulineaux, France. Other WWII veterans who plan to attend should forward this information, too, as the French Government may also extend similar support to them. Be advised, however, that the in-country support is subject to revision.