The Official Publication of AAAA
ARMY AVIATION Magazine Annual Photography Contest
Sponsored by Army Aviation Publications, Inc.
Photographs must have been taken between January 1 - December 31, 2012
Entry Form and Photographs must be received by AAPI not later than:
January 7, 2013
2011 Prize Winners
Description of Contest:
ARMY AVIATION Magazine announces its annual photography contest. Awards will be given to the best photographic works reflecting an Army Aviation Subject or Theme. Contest is open to AAAA members. Twelve cash prizes will be awarded:
1st place ($500), 2nd ($300), 3rd ($200), 4th ($100), and 8 honorable mentions of $50 each.
- Contestants must be current AAAA members in good standing at time of entry and through the annual national convention period (April 2013). Persons who are not AAAA members may participate by joining AAAA and must submit a paid membership application with their entry. Contest is open to all AAAA members of the military, government, industry and private sector.
- Entries may be color, black and white or sepia tone digital format images. Hard copy prints, 35mm slides and negatives will not be accepted.
- Digital photos must be in horizontal or "landscape" format only. Vertical or "Portrait" format are not useable. Do not crop – send full frame.
- Digital photos must have a minimum resolution of 300 DPI or better, an image size of 1024x768 or larger (8 x 10 inch), and must be in JPEG (.jpg) format. (Set digital camera settings on "Fine" or "Best" quality, not "standard" or "regular"). Uncompressed files are preferred if possible.
- Contestants are limited to three (3) entries and the entry must be the original work of the contestant. Entries will not be returned.
- Entries must be original photographic images, without touch-ups or alterations. We do not accept digitally or otherwise enhanced or altered photos. Cropped photos are eligible. Minor adjustments, including spotting, dodging and burning, sharpening, contrast and slight color adjustment are eligible. Composite graphic images and manipulated artwork are not eligible.
- Photographs must have been taken on or after January 1, 2012 during the 2012 calendar year. Entries must be received by AAPI not later than January 7, 2013. All embedded digital imagery information data files will be checked to verify the date the picture was taken. Digital photographs submitted with deleted or altered data files will be disqualified. We strongly encourage photographers to ensure they correctly program their digital cameras for correct DATE & TIME settings.
- Photographs will be judged based on photographic quality, composition and subject matter reflecting an Army aviation theme.
- Each entry must be accompanied by an official entry form with all requested information provided. Entry forms are available online at the AAAA website www.quad-a.org under 2012 Photo Contest, or may be requested by email:
- Entries must not have been published in any commercial advertising or for profit publications or websites or for any other professional purpose. Evidence of prior publication will disqualify entry. Exceptions may be granted for military command information publications.
- Entries which are winners in other photography contests will be disqualified.
- Entries as digital photographs on CD-ROM, may be mailed to: AAPI; Attn: 2012 Photo Contest; 593 Main Street, Monroe, CT 06468-2806.
- Photographs embedded in Word documents, PowerPoint slides, PDF files, or other software document products will not be accepted.
- Winners will be notified in writing by mail in March 2012. Winners must provide their social security number for IRS tax notification in order to receive prize money totaling $500 or more.
- Winning photographs will be posted on the AAAA website and used in ARMY AVIATION Magazine, calendars, and other publications.
- Employees of Army Aviation Publications, Inc. and their family members are not eligible.
- Contact AAPI for more information 203-268-2450, or
- Any fraudulent information, act or photography will disqualify the contestant.