There are two ways for an organization to receive financial assistance from AAAA National:
- In-cycle funding requests. These requests are usually for large dollar amounts (Greater than $5,000) and/or for long term projects. A letter requesting the funds and the purpose for the funds must be submitted to the full National Executive Board (NEB) prior to the spring meeting. If approved for consideration the funding request along with all other in-cycle requests will be prioritized by the fiscal committee and presented to the NEB at the fall meeting for approval pending funds. Once the annual audit is complete after 31 Dec, the National Executive Group makes a final determination based on funds and the Executive Director implements.
- Out of cycle requests. These requests are more common and for smaller amounts of money. Examples include annual chapter functions, unit welcome home or farewell ceremonies, and fund raising events. The National Executive Group (NEG) has the authority to approve up to $5,000 and the Executive Director can approve up to $750. A common format for submitting these requests to National Headquarters is included below.
- From: (name)
- Chapter Affiliation:
- Description of Activity:
- Number of Attendees (approx.):
- Approx. amount of costs incurred:
- Is this event open to all ranks?:
- Amount requested:
- $ to be used for:
- In addition to the above, the NEG requires proper AAAA recognition at the event. Please let us know how you plan to recognize AAAA at your event.
If your funding is approved, the NEG will request feedback from the event in the form of an AAR within 30 days from the conclusion of the event. Please go to AAAA National Funding Request After Action Review for next steps.