In order to apply for an AAAA Scholarship you must meet one of the following criteria:
- You must be a current member of the Army Aviation Association of America, or
- the spouse of a current AAAA member or deceased member, or
- the son or daughter of a current member or deceased member, or
- the grandchild of a current member or deceased member, or
- the unmarried sibling of a current member or deceased member.
In all the above instances, the member's effective date must be on or before May 1 of the previous year in which the applicant is seeking aid, unless the member is deceased. This requirement is waived for uniformed members of the Active Army, ARNG and USAR. The applicant must be attending an accredited college or university or selected for fall entry as an undergraduate or graduate. No recipient can hold concurrent AAAA Scholarships.
Application Procedure (for the person attending college)
To apply for an AAAA Scholarship you must first complete and submit the Pre-Qualifying Form. You will be asked to provide the AAAA member's ID# on the form. Once submitted you will receive an email within one week notifying you of your eligibility. If eligible, the email will contain a link to the Scholarship Application Form. If you wait to submit your pre-qualifying form until one week prior to the May 1 deadline, we cannot guarantee that you will receive the link to the application.
Click the link below to access the Pre-Qualifying Form. You will be asked to create an account (or use an existing account if you applied for an AAAA Scholarship in the last 5 years). THE ACCOUNT SHOULD BE SET UP UNDER THE APPLICANT'S NAME. Also, please use your primary email address when creating your account. All correspondence relating to your application will be sent to that address.
2020 Pre-Qualifying Form
NOTE: We strongly suggest that you submit your pre-qualifying form on or before April 1. This will allow you three weeks or more to complete the application before the May 1 deadline.
January thru April
- Complete and submit the pre-qualifying form. (Do not wait until the last minute to do this step because you will need time to complete the application before May 1st.)
- Once you have submitted your pre-qualifying form you will receive an email within one week telling you if you’re approved or not. If approved, the email will contain a link to the application.
- Complete and submit your application by May 1st.
- Have your AAAA Member affiliate log in to quad-a.org to check that their chapter affiliation is up to date.
- Log into smarterselect.com to check the status of your application. “Pending” means that your recommenders have not submitted their portion yet. “Submitted” means that all documents have been received and your application is complete.
- References /Recommendations must be submitted by June 1st.
June – August
- Your job is done and the selection process begins. You will receive a letter in the mail by mid-August informing you whether or not you have been awarded a scholarship.
August – December 15
- If you have been awarded a scholarship you must send in your enrollment verification for the upcoming semester in order to receive your award.
THE 2020 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION REQUIRED MATERIALS:
Current Transcript of Grades – There is a place on the application where upperclassmen and graduate applicants can upload their college grade transcript. If you are currently in high school the person who will be filling out the Academic Reporting Form will be asked to include your transcript with that form. Graduate applicants must also provide their undergraduate grade transcript. Transcripts are mandatory for all applicants. (deadline May 1 for applicants already attending college)
Proof of Admission to an Accredited College or University - proof that the applicant will be attending an accredited college or university in the fall must be provided. Incoming Freshmen can submit a copy of their acceptance letter as proof of enrollment. There is a place on the application where this can be uploaded. Mandatory for all applicants.
Photograph – a photograph is required and will become the property of the AAAA Scholarship Foundation, Inc. to be used for publicity purposes. The photo should be a head and shoulders view in pdf, jpeg, jpg or tiff format. There is a place on the application where this can be uploaded. Mandatory for all applicants. (deadline May 1)
Essay - applicants are asked to compose a maximum 300-word essay. Mandatory for all applicants. (deadline May 1)
Reference – to be completed by an individual who is aware of the applicant's abilities and potential (teacher, employer, coach, etc.). Do not include relatives. Mandatory for all applicants. (deadline June 1)
Academic Reporting Form – to be completed by the appropriate school official who has access to the applicant's academic history. This form includes a place to upload the applicant's grade transcript. Mandatory for Freshmen applicants. (deadline June 1)
For questions regarding the scholarship program, please contact Sue Stokes 203-268-2450 or email email@example.com .