AAAA TRADE SCHOOL, LICENSING AND CERTIFICATION SUPPORT FOUNDATION
ROLLING APPLICATION PROCESS - APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED YEAR-ROUND
The AAAA TLC Foundation, Inc. was established to provide support to our AAAA members who wish to request funding to attend a Trade School, Licensing or Certification course for the purpose of transitioning to a new career field. Those seeking college level continuing education and pursuit of continuing education are not eligible for the TLC Foundation Grant.
Review the Skilled Trade categories and examples below to ensure your desired are of continuing education aligns with the criteria the TLC board uses to determine basic eligibility.
Then apply for AAAA TLC Funding by first completing the application. You are required to have been a AAAA member for a minimum on one year and will be asked to provide your AAAA member number on the form.
In order to apply for a TLC Grant, you must meet one of the following criteria:
You must be a current Army Aviation Association of America (AAAA) member.*
The spouse of a current AAAA member or deceased member.
The son or daughter of a current AAAA member or deceased member.
The grandchild of a current AAAA member or a deceased member.
Must be a high school graduate or have your GED equivalent.
Must be enrolled in an accredited Trade School, licensing test/course, or certification course.
In all the above instances, the AAAA member must have been a member for a minimum of one year, unless the member is deceased.* This requirement is waived for uniformed members of the Active Army, ARNG and USAR. The applicant must be enrolled in an accredited course.
*This requirement is waived for the first year of the program. Waiver end date is 1 December 2023.
Documentation should include the following:
- The applicant must provide a copy of their high school transcript or GED equivalent or highest level post-secondary education.
- Proof of Admission to an Accredited trade school, licesning test/course, or certification course. If awarded, funding will be provided after proof of enrollment is received. The start and end date, as well as projected cost of the program will be requested. Individuals can reapply each year if enrolled in a multi-year program and they have successfully completed the prior year.
- Brief Reference - This needs to come from an individual, who is NOT a relative, that is aware of the applicant's abilities and potential
- Essay – Applicants are asked to compose a maximum 500-word description explaining either the trade school course you are enrolled in and why have you enrolled in this course, or the licensing, or certification examination you have applied to take. Explain how this grant will be used to further your professional goals, and what skills you possess to make these goals a reality.
- Official Photograph – A head and shoulders photograph is required and will become the property of AAAA TLC Foundation to be used for publicity purposes. This should be uploaded in pdf, jpeg, jpg or tiff format.
- If applicant is applying for AAAA TLC Funding after being awarded funding in the past, confirmation of completion of prior funded program will be required.
Any person may submit the official application form directly to the AAAA TLC Foundation for consideration, provided that they meet the eligibility outlined above and have all documentation that is required. Submissions will be accepted through the AAAA website at www.quad-a.org/tlc.
The application and all supplemental materials are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
APPLICATION SELECTION PROCEDURE
The submitted applications will be reviewed and selected by a board of independent AAAA TLC Foundation evaluators.