Functional Awards address a specific area or specialty within the Army Aviation community
- Approval of Functional Awards is by the Association's National Executive Board.
- Selection of a Functional Award winner is made by the most
appropriate agency representing the functional area in conjunction with
- The Sponsorship of the Functional Award plaques, trophies,
certificates, etc. is a responsibility of the Association, or such other
agencies or firms approved by the National Executive Board.
- Presentation of a Functional Award typically involves the most
appropriate agency representing the functional area, and the site, date,
and time are determined annually.
- Underwriting for the attendance of AAAA Functional Award winners at
the presentation ceremonies is the responsibility of the Association.