AAAA Chapter Protocols and Processes:
Over the past year the NEG and the AAAA National office have spent time meeting with chapters to get chapter feedback on chapter programs. We have focused on areas that can be streamlined to better support our Chapters and the AAAA mission of support to our aviation community and families. As a result, the Quarterly Chapter Meeting Refund program and the Chapter Funding Request process have been upgraded to be more efficient and user friendly.
All Chapter Forms can be found here: www.quad-a.org/ChapterForms
Quarterly Chapter Meeting Refund
Chapters holding at least one meeting or event in a calendar quarter are eligible to receive either a maximum of $200 or $1.00 per member per total chapter membership, whichever is greater.
Chapters are no longer required to provide the AAAA National office an advance notification on their chapter meetings and events in order to receive a refund. However, in order to receive the full amount of the refund, you must notify the National Office at least one week in advance of the event in order to make sure it is posted to the AAAA National website. Chapters not notifying AAAA 7 days prior to an event, will be eligible to receive 80% of their maximum refund ($160 or .$80 per member per total chapter membership, whichever is greater).
As an added bonus, those chapters that plan ahead and provide the National office notification of their next quarter events 90 days in advance, will also receive an additional $100 per quarter back to the chapter.
The Chapter Speaker refund benefit has not changed. An additional $25.00 refund is provided if a Chapter has a Speaker at the meeting who is not an AAAA Chapter officer as reimbursement for the Speaker's meal expenses.
In order to receive your full or partial refund, AARs of meetings/events utilizing the Chapter Event After Action Review (AAR) form must be submitted no later than 14 days after the close of the quarter in which the event occurred. Please direct all Chapter meeting notice information to Laura Arena at Chapters@quad-a.org.
Chapter Funding Request
ALL Funding Request questions
and issues must be submitted to the new email address: FundingRequests@Quad-A.Org.
Chapter Funding requests will utilize the new online Chapter Funding Request Form.
The Chapter Event After Action Review (AAR) form MUST be submitted for your event before additional requests will be considered.
You may also submit the National Executive Group Visit Request to invite the current AAAA President or National Executive Group (NEG) member to attend your event.
Meeting and Event Notices
AAAA National will continue to support your event by email, social media, website calendars, and even snail mail. However, in order to more effectively support your chapter please refer to this list for notifying us of all chapter activities:
- 60 days' notice for voting, processing, engraving, and shipping of Silver and Gold Order of St. Michael. Note Bronze level OSMs are approved at the chapter level and nominally have a 30 day turnaround for the local approving authority, the AAAA Chapter President. Please see website for all the latest forms and suspenses on other awards.
- Four weeks' notice for any AAAA branded merchandise or membership materials requests. AAAA branded merchandise is to be purchased in the online store using chapter funds.
- Two weeks' notice for "snail mail" chapter meeting notices to be sent to members without email addresses. Snail mail will not be sent without a request.
- One week notice for emailing chapter membership. Chapter officers can send email from their chapter page using the chapter officer links.
- One week notice for posting on website event calendars and social media. Chapter officers add events to the chapter calendar from their chapter page using the chapter officer links.
For all Chapter related questions please visit the AAAA Website at quad-a.org or email Laura Arena at Chapters@quad-a.org.
Thank you for all you do for your chapter and for the Army Aviation community.
If you would like to invite a member of the AAAA National Executive Group (President, Senior VP, Secretary, Treasurer, VP Membership, VP Reserve Component, VP Membership, VP Chapters), to attend a particular event, please give us as much advanced notice as possible so we can work our schedules and try to accommodate your request.
The AAAA By-Laws can only be downloaded and viewed in PDF file format: AAAA By-Laws PDF file